Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to contact you or determine your specific identity. When other information is linked to this information, it also becomes Personally Identifiable Information.
When you register for The Herald Club Golf Service, we ask you for registration information, relating to you and the golf club of which you are an official, such as your name, address, email address, telephone, and other contact information.
We may ask you for voluntary information at other times, including but not limited to when you provide opinions, enter a contest or promotion, or report a problem with the The Herald Club Golf Service.
When you submit a request for more information or assistance, The Herald may keep a record of the request and the manner in which it was processed.
We may also automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information.
Limits on Information Collection
We must have your Personally Identifiable Information in order for us to adequately provide you with The Herald Club Golf Service.
Note that by limiting information collection, The Herald may not be able to provide you the same functionality or features as otherwise available (if such functionality or features rely on this information).
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each web site can send its own cookies to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) most browsers only permit a web site to access the cookies that the same web site has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
We will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent, except in the undernoted circumstances:
- When we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing customer service, sending mail, or other functions necessary to our business.
- If publishers of products available through The Herald Club Golf Service request additional Personally Identifying Information from us. The information practices of those publishers are covered by their own privacy policies.
- If we believe that the user is harming or interfering with other users of The Herald Club Golf Service, anyone else, or violating our Terms of Service Agreement, or infringing any of our legal rights.
- If we are required by law to provide any of your Personally Identifiable Information we will, if permitted by law, attempt to notify you via the e-mail address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request.
- In the event of a sale of all or most of the assets of the company, this information may be transferred to the purchaser.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Information
Anonymous Information is any information other than Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregate information derived from Personally Identifiable Information. Anonymous Information will not include any Personally Identifiable Information and we will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information except as expressly stated elsewhere in this policy.
We may use this information:
- To improve The Herald Club Golf website and service, to monitor traffic and general usage patterns, and for other general business purposes;
- To understand what content is appealing to our readers, to inform advertisers of the usage habits or characteristics of the interested audience, and to advise potential investors so that they may better understand our user base.
Changing or Removing Information
You have control over your Personally Identifiable Information and can change your Registration Information, by clicking the ‘Edit Club Details’ after you have registered and logged in at http://www.theherald.co.uk/clubgolf.
If you wish to delete your Registration you should send an email to this address firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your name, address and club details. Your club registration and personal information will then be deleted.
We employ reasonable and current security methods to prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information.
Your personal data will be stored within a database that is located behind a firewall for added security. The server housing the database is physically protected at a secure, third party site. Only authorised personnel can access the data centre and the particular server housing the database.
No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We do not encrypt normal web sessions with the Service.
The Herald Club Golf Service does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, Personally Identifiable Information from children.